Whether it’s your first time going to RWA Nationals or your tenth, you want to be prepared for what promises to be the best conference of the year. Last week we shared a list of things to do before the conference. Here’s our list of recommendations for making the most of your time in San Diego this week:
During the conference:
- Pitch. Even if you think you’ll get rejected. Pitching is great experience and you’ll never know unless you try.
- Exchange business cards with fellow writers.
- Attend as many workshops as possible. Even Nora Roberts is attending workshops to hone her craft.
- Network with writers, editors, and agents in the elevators, at book signings, publisher parties, etc. You never know when an agent or editor will ask you to pitch.
- Collect as many names of readers as possible at the literacy book signing. These are potential reviewers for your future releases.
- Promote yourself. Take lots of pictures/selfies and post on social media. As much social media as possible – Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.